It is a few days before the Americans go to the polls to vote for their new government. Many indecisive Americans will still have an opportunity to either go with the incumbent team of President Donald Trump/Mike Pence or the challengers’ Joe Biden/Kamala Harris.
However, before that, PresidentTrump will still face off with Biden in the second round of the presidential debate, as they both seek to win the electorates’ hearts before the third of November.
Following the battle between the contending vice-presidents, Kamala Harris and John Pence on Thursday, here are my biased key takings from that vice-presidential debate between the incumbent and the incoming Vice-President(VP) (Yes, I believe Senator Kamala Harris will be the new VP after the polls).
From Senator Kamala Harris;
– She addressed decisively the issue of police brutality. There is indeed a need for reforms, because bad cops do bad things to the minority in the US.
– She is ONLY willing to listen to scientists and medical personnel on the issue of vaccine for Covid and she will be the first to be tested. However, she will not listen to anything that Trump says about the vaccine.
– She handled the misogynistic behaviour of Pence like a pro and refused to be interrupted by a man who only came to the debate to defend the failures of Trump’s administration.
From Vice-President Pence;
– He failed dismally to win the votes of women, particularly black women, because of his misogynistic behaviour throughout the debate of not only interrupting Senator Harris, but not sticking to the debate rules and undermining the moderator as a result of that.
– He, like his boss, blamed China for Coronavirus pandemic once again.
– Like how he did throughout the debate, he failed dismally to answer the important question of whether abortion should be banned in the state of Indiana.
So, if you ask me, Senator Kamala Harris won this debate and even exposed Pence’s misogynistic behaviour throughout the debate.
The pressure is now on President Trump to try and win the hearts of many American women in the next debate against Biden in Florida next week. However, that will depend on his recovery as he still in quarantine after he contracted the virus. The last and final debate will take place at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee, on October 22.